The Mona Lisa painting
The Mona Lisa or Gioconda has been considered one of the most beautiful and famous paintings in the world for centuries; It was not described as mysterious, professional, accurate, and proficient in drawing at the same time, and in a way that baffled the whole world, and prompted many people to seek to search for her secret and discover the mystery of the mysterious lady, and many sought to acquire and steal her.
Description of the Mona Lisa
Leonardo da Vinci began drawing the Mona Lisa in 1503 AD, and officially finished it in 1510 AD, and the width of the painting was about 53 cm, and its height was about 77 cm.
What is the secret of the Mona Lisa?
The Mona Lisa aroused controversy around the world, and many artistic discussions took place around it, and many academic studies took place around it that were studied, criticized, and scrutinized, and the reason is that the artist used a unique style; Where he photographed the Mona Lisa from the front and the side together, which gave the painting a three-dimensional character and also contributed to clarifying its details. His imagination, or a fleeting woman who inspired him.
Read Also: 9 Tips for Handling Failure | Successfully
Some historians, the most famous of them the Italian historian Giuseppe Palante, supported a completely different idea, as he searched the secret of the Mona Lisa for 25 years, through documents and testimonies that proved that the Mona Lisa was a real figure who lived in the era of Da Vinci, and proved that she was the wife of a silk merchant who had a strong relationship with Da Vinci, where he was his close friend and asked him to draw a painting of his wife, but he did not receive the painting after it was completed, and despite the presence of these documents, there is no confirmation that the woman in the painting is the same as the wife of the silk merchant.
The Secret of the Beauty of the Mona Lisa
* Draw a mysterious smile; The mysterious smile that adorns the woman’s face in the painting is considered one of the most important features of her. Her interpretation has remained vague to this day, despite the multiplicity of theories, as some said it was due to the complex emotions of the Mona Lisa, or that it was his mother’s smile, and others said that Da Vinci had hired a clown even He keeps her cheerful throughout the painting period, that is, every person sees her from the artistic angle that attracts him and expresses his psychological state.
* Da Vinci used anthropomorphism for the first time, which contributed to the creation of a revolutionary technique in the world of portraits, as painters used to depict people from one side, and thus the painting appeared flat and lifeless.
* Use the blur technique in the drawing; By using a group of colors that overlap with each other.
* Da Vinci follows perspective, especially in the background, to make the background clear and not flattening it, and giving a deep impression so that the image becomes more blurry and vague as the viewer moves away from the distance and increases its depth.
Information about the Mona Lisa
* It is considered one of the most famous works of the Italian artist, Leonardo da Vinci, even though da Vinci was a sculptor, astronomer, painter, engineer, and mathematician.
* The fame of the painting overshadowed the fame of Da Vinci, who created it, and its fame overshadowed the fame of the museum that housed it.
* The Mona Lisa was placed at first in the Châteaufontapleau, then to the Palace of Versailles, then to the room of Napoleon I, then to the Louvre Museum in Paris.
* King Francis I was the first to buy the painting in 1516 AD.
* A young man of French origin managed to steal the painting in 1911 AD and sold it to an Italian artist who returned it to the Bouvier Gallery.