Neck exercises protect that area from minor injuries; The muscles in the neck become stronger and more able to handle the pain if injured.
Neck pain is one of the main problems that many people suffer from, especially those who sit at desks and computers for long periods, or those who are used to sitting in the wrong position.
These pains are muscle cramps and are caused by not moving the neck for a long period of time, or by not exercising it with a group of sports movements that have a positive effect in avoiding and eliminating those pains.
Neck exercises protect that area from minor injuries; The neck muscles become stronger and more able to withstand pain in the event of injury, or in the event of heavy lifting and weights for athletes.
Usually, the reason behind the weakness of this muscle is the lack of sufficient attention to it, so we see many sports practitioners ignore the exercises for the neck muscle, unaware of the great importance that healthy neck muscles play in the health of the body as a whole.
Neck muscle exercises
Look forward while keeping the neck straight.
- Slowly lift the shoulders together as high as possible.
- Hold this position for 5 minutes.
- Slowly lower the shoulders to a minimum.
Return the shoulders to their normal position with complete relaxation.
Head rotation exercise
Stand upright and upright, then rotate the head 360 degrees, starting from the right.
Repeat these exercises, starting from the left.
It is preferable to do this exercise after the neck has been strengthened with other exercises so that the trainee will not suffer from muscle spasms in the neck.
Neck extension exercise
It is done by standing in an upright position, then lifting the neck up and pulling as much as possible towards the top.
- Remain in this position for a full 5 minutes.
- Return to normal and relax for 5 seconds, then repeat this exercise several times a day at long intervals.
- Done by sitting on the chair in an upright position, then hands are intertwined and placed behind the neck.
- Then the neck is stretched forward with the help of the hands, with the person trying to move his neck back at the same time.
- It is preferable to repeat the exercise for a period ranging from 5 to 10 minutes daily.
Benefits of neck exercises
Helps to increase the range of motion of the neck so that it is possible to rotate it to the maximum extent possible.
- Contributes to strengthening the muscles of the neck, shoulders, and spine.
- It removes the aches and pains that may result from the wrong positions.
- The brace is given to the head, as the neck is the area on which the headrests.