The issue of incentives is one of the most important indicators indicating the nature of the work of administrative organizations, in terms of evaluation and effectiveness, especially if these indicators are linked with job performance, and how to manage them, within an organized environment. The researchers presented a set of definitions of incentives, including the following:
The concept of incentives
* The degree of positive or negative feelings of members of the organization about their work and tasks in the organization.
* Incentives can be defined as the main general direction of individuals towards work. The system of organizational rewards is considered an important and influential indicator for individuals in the organization.
* It can be said that incentives are a general trend towards the nature of work, in terms of the differences between the number of rewards that the workers of the organization receive, and the number of rewards that they think they will receive.
* Motivations have important dimensions, which are represented in the fact that they reflect the emotional dimension of the employees regarding the work situation and the nature of its atmosphere in the organization.
* Incentives are defined as a means of identifying how to unify trends towards goals and focus results towards them, and thus the ability to identify unexpected trends, in addition to that incentives represent multiple types of trends and relationships, from the nature of the work existing in the organization, and the human position regarding the number of rewards it grants The organization for the employees, the nature of the possible promotion opportunities in the organization, the methods of control, the methods of supervision applied with the employees, and the characteristics of the relationships existing between the employees themselves.
* Motivations are defined as: the feeling of contentment and satisfaction or happiness to satisfy the needs, desires, and expectations with the work itself and the content of the work environment and with confidence, loyalty, and belonging to work. In the same context, good motivations are defined as: an external stimulus that works to create or move the motivation (internal stimulus) and directs the individual positively towards obtaining the stimulus in a way that leads to the individual’s satisfaction of a specific behavior consistent with the performance required by the management.
* Some researchers define it as a set of external factors and influences that are prepared by the higher management of the organization. For the purpose of influencing the behavior of workers, as well as motivating and motivating them to raise their production efficiency.
* Incentives are also defined as everything that the administration gives to its members that leads to raising performance, ensuring loyalty, and achieving potential competence at work.
* And some of them said that they are: Methods and means used by the organization to urge employees to perform distinguished by high morale.
* Some of them said that it is a set of factors, methods, procedures, and temptations that the administration of administrative organizations prepares.
* Some studies define incentives as a set of external means and influences, used by organizations to influence the behavior of workers, to reach the potential efficiency at work, and to recharge the energies of workers as they become weaker over time.
Incentives may be material or moral in proportion to the position or task given to the employee, the manager must take into account the differences among his employees, so the task should not be difficult and dedicated to the superior employees. Rather, it is good to spread the spirit of competition among employees to reach an institution rich with its employees who love to perform their work and aspire to achieve the goals of the company at the expense of their own goals. Sometimes the effect of encouraging and praising the worker on the improvement in his work and his noticeable development may be stronger than the effect of giving the worker a material reward and vice versa. Here, the manager has the job of determining the appropriate motivation that will satisfy the employee and love him in performing his job. When the worker is motivated, he will feel that he is important to the company in which he works, and this will work to push him to do the best he can.
There are many successful companies and establishments in their business, which achieve very large gains and benefits when looking at the most important and prominent reasons and elements of the success of these companies and their achievement of the gains and goals, and the presence of high productivity for them, we note that the most prominent of these elements: high productivity of employees, and work hard and diligence to accomplish their work; Since they work honestly, in order to complete their work to the fullest, this is what is important, when looking at the reason for the love, generosity, and sincerity of the employees for the company or institution in which they work, we notice that the reason is always or often a comfortable work environment, in addition to the incentive system that aims to stimulate and push Employees to present all their capabilities and expertise with all honesty and integrity to the project in which they work.
What are Incentives?